Welcome to Kenai Central High School. Listed below are the 2019-2020 athletic activities that KCHS offers. Below you will find the practice start dates, participation fees and the head coach of each sport. Please feel free to call the school at 283-2104 if you would like more information.
Activity Starting Date Fee Amount Head Coach
- Football July 31 $150 Dustin Akana
- Cross Country July 31 $100 Bailey Beeson
- Fall Cheer July 31 $100 Brianna Force
- Volleyball August 7th $150 Tracie BecK
- Swim & Dive August 7th $150 Winter Heaven
- Wrestling October 2nd $150 Stan Steffensen
- Hockey October 16th $150 Open
- Nordic Ski October 30th $150 Bradford Nyquist
- Winter Cheer December 4th $100 Brianna Force
- Boys Basketball December 4th $150 Ken Felchle
- Girls Basketball December 4th $150 Open
- Track & Field March 4th $100 Jesse Settlemyer
- Boys Soccer March 4th $150 Shane Lopez
- Girls Soccer March 4th $150 Dan Verkuilen
- Baseball March 4th $150 Luke Oliver
- Softball March 4th $150 John Manley
- Each activity requires a participation fee. Participation fees are used to help fund travel and help with various other program costs. The amount varies by sport with the minimum being $100 and the maximum being $150. There is a $500 annual family limit at the high school level.
- Participation fee’s can be paid in person at the KCHS Office as well as through Power School.
Academic Eligibility: KCHS prioritizes academic succes. To maintain athletic eligibility students must have a passing grade in all their classes while also maintaining a 2.0 grade point average. Seniors must be enrolled in at least 4 semester classes while Freshman, Sophomores and Juniors must be enrolled in at least 5 semester classes.
2019/2020 Eligibility Dates:
September 23, 2019 E1
October 18, 2019 Q1 (end of 1st quarter)
November 18, 2019 E2
December 20, 2019 Q2/S1 (end of 1st semester)
February 3, 2020 E3
March 6, 2020 Q3 (end of 3rd quarter)
April 13, 2020 E4
May 20, 2020 Q4/S2 (end of 2nd semester and school year)
Attendance: It is a KCHS expectation that athletes attend all their classes in order to participate in extra-curricular activities.
The Kenai Peninsula Borough School District Handbook states: “In order to participate in a school-sponsored activity (including practice), students must attend all classes on the day of the school activity or on the last regular day of the week for weekend activities unless otherwise excused by the school.”
Arbiter Athlete & Physicals:
- Athletes must have a physical on file before they can practice!
- Both Parents and Athletes must have separate accounts on Arbiter Athlete recognizing and completing the following forms: Arbiter Athlete
- Athletic/Activity Pre-Participation Registration
- Parent Guardian Consents
- ASAA’s Play of Keeps Acknowledgment
- Physical Evaluation Form
- Concussion Information Form
- Sudden Cardiac Arrest Form
Follow Kenai Central High School’s varsity sports teams on ASAA365. Sports schedules and results can be found on ASAA365. Use the links below to access specific team information.
Kenai Central High School schedules can also be found at Arbiter Live:
Use the following link for live streaming of KCHS Atheltics….