Welcome to Kenai Central High School. Listed below are the 2020-2021 athletic activities that KCHS offers. Below you will find the practice start dates, participation fees and the head coach of each sport. Please feel free to call the school at 283-2104 if you would like more information.
Fall Sports Physicals will take place on July 25th beginning in the KCHS commons at 1:00pm.
Schedule as Follows:
1:00-2:00 Football physicals
2:00-2:30 Volleyball physicals
2:30-3:00 Cross Country Running and Swim physicals
Fall Sports meetings will take place on July 27th in the KCHS Auditorium beginning at 6:00pm. Football, Volleyball, Swim & Dive, Cross-Country Running and Fall Cheer will be having individual meetings after the meeting taking place in the auditorium.
Activity Starting Date Fee Amount Head Coach
- Football July 29 $150 Dustin Akana
- Cross Country July 29 $100 Bailey Beeson
- Fall Cheer July 29 $100 Brianna Force
- Volleyball August 5th $150 Tracie Beck
- Swim & Dive August 5th $150 Open
- Wrestling Sept 30th $150 Stan Steffensen
- Hockey October 14th $150 Scott Sheldon
- Nordic Ski October 28th $150 Bradford Nyquist
- Winter Cheer December 2nd $100 Brianna Force
- Boys Basketball December 2nd $150 Ken Felchle
- Girls Basketball December 2nd $150 Jeff Swick
- Track & Field March 8th $100 Jesse Settlemyer
- Boys Soccer March 8th $150 Shane Lopez
- Girls Soccer March 8th $150 Dan Verkuilen
- Baseball March 8th $150 Luke Oliver
- Softball March 8th $150 John Manley
- Each activity requires a participation fee. Participation fees are used to help fund travel and help with various other program costs. The amount varies by sport with the minimum being $100 and the maximum being $150. There is a $500 annual family limit at the high school level.
- Participation fee’s can be paid in person at the KCHS Office as well as through Power School.
Academic Eligibility: KCHS prioritizes academic success. To maintain athletic eligibility students must have a passing grade in all their classes while also maintaining a 2.0 grade point average.
Academic Progress: ASAA requires that all students have passing grades in five (5) semester units of credit to participate in the next semester. Seniors who are on track to graduate must take at least four (4) semester units of credit or the equivalent to be eligible. Other seniors must be enrolled in a minimum of five (5) semester units
of credit or the equivalent to be eligible. In addition, all students must maintain at least an overall 2.0 grade point average (GPA) during the current semester to remain eligible.
E-checks: Must be passing all classes and have a 2.0 GPA or higher
Students determined to be ineligible at the mid-quarter check will begin their ineligibility on the first school day following the grade check until the next eligibility check. Students may regain their eligibility after seven calendar days if they meet the 2.0 GPA and are passing all their classes within the next five school days. Otherwise, they remain ineligible until the next eligibility check
Quarter grades: Must be passing all classes and have a 2.0 GPA or higher
At the end of the quarter, eligibility determination will be made on the first Wednesday of the new quarter. For second semester, the eligibility determination will be made the first Wednesday following the grade check.
2019/2020 Eligibility Dates:
September 23, 2019 E1
October 18, 2019 Q1 (end of 1st quarter)
November 18, 2019 E2
December 20, 2019 Q2/S1 (end of 1st semester)
February 3, 2020 E3
March 9, 2020 Q3 (end of 3rd quarter)
April 13, 2020 E4
May 20, 2020 Q4/S2 (end of 2nd semester and school year)
Attendance: It is a KCHS expectation that athletes attend all their classes in order to participate in extra-curricular activities.
The Kenai Peninsula Borough School District Handbook states: “In order to participate in a school-sponsored activity (including practice), students must attend all classes on the day of the school activity or on the last regular day of the week for weekend activities unless otherwise excused by the school.”
Arbiter Athlete & Physicals:
- Athletes must have a physical on file before they can practice!
- Both Parents and Athletes must have separate accounts on Arbiter Athlete recognizing and completing the following forms: Planet HS
- Athletic/Activity Pre-Participation Registration
- Parent Guardian Consents
- ASAA’s Play of Keeps Acknowledgment
- Physical Evaluation Form
- Concussion Information Form
- Sudden Cardiac Arrest Form
Follow Kenai Central High School’s varsity sports teams on ASAA365. Sports schedules and results can be found on ASAA365. Use the links below to access specific team information.
Kenai Central High School schedules can also be found at Arbiter Live:
Use the following link for live streaming of KCHS Atheltics….